Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where it Began...

In July of 2003, fresh out of grad school, I arrived at Fort Knox, KY for Army basic training. Just a year after my first miserable day in the Army (lots of angry men in brown, round hats, lots of push-ups) I was in North Carolina preparing for a year in Iraq.

I spent most of that year e-mailing home to friends and family. David Nickerson, a great old friend of mine who I haven't called in far too long, posted them all on our college's alumni blog, along with some really moving (for me at least) commentary.

1 comment:

(d)avid said...

Felipe!!!!!

It has been too long. You're back to Afghanistan? Yikes. Take care of yourself.

Lots to report here, but all of the humdrum family type. If you email me, I will send you lots of pictures of my kids. They are super cute.