Thursday, August 7, 2008

Groundhog Day

Here I am again. Same WWII era barracks. Same long lines to get my pay straightened out and my Anthrax booster shot. Same hot summertime in the South. Last time I was here doing this was in 2004, before heading off to Iraq, and the feeling of suddenly waking up 4 years ago is hard to shake...

I'm back in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The Army doesn't just send us to war. They mobilize us. I'd rather just go already. If I'm gonna leave loved ones, a great house, and a fun job for year, at least send me off to work somewhere. But this? This is just boring. And it will be boring for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was looking through some boxes today and came across a folded piece of paper with the words, "In Case of Bad Mood, OPEN” written across the front. A special friend had given it to me a long time ago...haha! Wish I could return that favor...hang in there Perez. It sounds like the fun is just about to begin :)