Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Felipe in the News

Not really. But my new neighborhood is. Check out this Economist article on the Afghanistan troop surge and the latest strategy here. The best part is where the article specifically calls out one of our districts and our work with the shuras as a test case for the new strategy. Best comment on the article so far? My colleague here- from now on, "when I want to know what we will be doing in our AO (area of operations), I'll just check the Economist."
 
It's not so much that this is a surprise, but it's the notion that the nascent "secret" plan that's being cranked out by commanders as I write, that we are still figuring out how to most effectively implement, is coming back at me over the ether, via London, is just weird.  So much for operational security, eh? 

No comments: