Friday, February 13, 2009

Snowflakes Keep Falling on My Head

Just checking in here.

So, last night I wet to the gym and went back to our headquarters for a little late work. It was a crappy, rainy, soggy night.

When I left for my shack a couple of hours later, I stepped outside and it was a different world. The rain had turned to giant, fat snowflakes that had fallen hard for, apparently, the entire time I was inside. Everywhere, everything was covered in an inch of gleaming snow.

Muddy roads, wooden shacks, dirty humvees were instantly softened and brightened. The reflected light off the snow made the night bright as dawn. The night was quiet.

It was shockingly, unforgettably, fleetingly beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Felipe,
Funny how the snow, which kinda gets on our nerves here in New York after the sixth storm of the season, can literally and figuratively brighten your day !!!
We think of you constantly, and are glad that you received our package (Limes forwarded your email.)
It is always great to read your blog, and we can't wait for you to regale us with stories upon your return.
Susan and Tom