Friday, June 26, 2009

Radio Silence

This doesn't really fit with the usual image of soldiers at war, but, truth is, I spend a lot of time at my computer. Computers, actually. I have two - one is a classified system (not nearly as cool as that might sound.) Research, analysis, and information management are a big part of my job (just as nerdy as it seems.)
 
Point is, I've been logging some quality hours at my keyboard these days, and when the work is done, I havent had the energy to devote to the blog. Sorry. But, I promise, in the next few days I've got a few good stories to tell. Among them:
 
- our collective thrill at greeting the first of our replacements;
- the sunburnt joy of a day spent calming irrate, stranded Afghan commuters while our French buddies dug up a roadside bomb with our name on it;
- a belated father's day tribute to my dad; and
- rockets in the night.
 
Most days, life here is as mundane as anywhere. But Afghanistan still has a way of slapping you around if it thinks you're not paying attention. 
 
 

No comments: