Friday, November 14, 2008

First Mission: The Silk Road


Just got back from a 3 day mission out into Western Parwan province. Travelled along one the branches of the ancient silk road, drove through bustling markets, saw smiling, waving boys and girls headed to school, met with local leaders, visited great development projects- it was incredible. Couldn't have asked for a better end to my first week here.

Details, pictures, and maybe even some video up soon, but just wanted to check in for now.

2 comments:

Ness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ness said...

Hi tio, its me ness
I miss you...A LOT!
As I was reading you comments i was just imagining how far away you were at the time you wrote these postings.
This particular posting caught my eye the most. I am an in AP World History class., and well i just finished studing about the silk road and I thought it's so cool that you got to know this ancient place.