Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reluctantly, My Address

I've been hesitant to do this, since I want for nothing here at the largest US Airbase in Afghanistan. However, many of you have kindly and consistently asked for my address, and I am touched enough to oblige:

Felipe Perez
PRT Parwan & Kapisa
APO AE 09354


That's it. I know, it's so short it just seems wrong, but it works. By the magic of American airpower, mail takes about a week to get here. Pictures, letters, and postcards would make my day. If you're compelled to send something heftier, books, DVDs, or mix-CDs keep the boredom away and are shareable with the troops. And if anyone insists on sending edible goodies, I'll start posting a log of the extra miles I've gotta run to stay in fighting shape.

Seriously, though, I'm touched. Thank you

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for posting your address!

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Hi-

I'm a Williams alum (1975) and received Steve Menking's e-mail about your deployment with a link to your blog. I find it fascinating--but then again, I was a double major in history and Spanish at Willims and then went to law school---so I like this kind of stuff. Your posts suggest you are a policy nerd. I'm glad to learn we have policy nerds in the US Armed forces. Are you a reservist or national guard? (Williams didn't do ROTC when I was there during the Viet Nam war. My class was the first to admit fresh"men" women and the last to have members in the draft lottery.)

I share your enthusiasm for Obama's election. I am so relieved to feel like I have my country back.

What kind of books do you enjoy reading?

Thanks for being there for us,
Suzanne Fluhr

PS: Stew sent your e-mail address, but I'm not sure he has it right which is why I'm sending this as a comment to your blog.

Anonymous said...

I for one am glad you obliged, eventhough reluctantly!!!

Too bad the blogspot doesn't have a video feed! It would be nice to see you smile!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted an address so I can send you pictures of the coolest Rock & Roll Jedi Knight ever. This morning as I rushed him to get ready his comment to me was, "Chill out mom, I'm trying to relax", can you believe that? Something tells me I'm going to pay dearly for the sins of my youth.

Anonymous said...

Seriously dude - mix tapes? Will you keep them after we've broken up?

Can't you just buy all this stuff on Amazon?

Okay - I'll try to find some inappropriate postcards.

Limes

Anonymous said...

Hi primo this is your cousin maria guillen, so how are you doing ? i hope u are doing well.. we miss u and you are in our prayers .. dont think we forgot about you because we havent .. we think about you everyday and everything u are doing for our country.. i am sorry it took a long time for me to send u something i didnt have ur website address. but you will be hearing from me again soon.. and by the way you are gonna be a TIO again!!.. ;) ill be sure to keep in touch love you lots and be safe and god bless you!!! .. kisses .. n hugs.. your way!!!